About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty, and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
About the Position:
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Cloud Architect with a strong background of security and compliance in the cloud environment to join our organization. The Cloud Architect will be responsible for the design, implementation, and management of our cloud infrastructure and services. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of AWS and experience in designing and implementing scalable, secure, and highly available cloud solutions. This is a remote/office hybrid role.
Responsibilities: The AWS Cloud support team works on highly visible and critical projects that span across multiple business units within Benson Hill. This role is responsible for the below items:
- Adjust and further develop our cloud strategy for ongoing improvements for design, support, and standard setting
- Design and implement cloud-based solutions using AWS technologies
- Manage and monitor AWS infrastructure, services and storage, optimizing cloud costs
- Be proactive in identifying operational, security, and process opportunities to incorporate into strategic planning
- Review and implement recommendations from monthly Trusted Advisor Reports, proactively appraise leadership of risks and drive improvement strategies
- Ensure the security and compliance of the cloud environment
- Develop and maintain policy and procedure documentation of cloud architecture, policies, and best practices
- Provide timely administration and support for multiple framework and data systems
- Automate the deployment and scaling of cloud resources using AWS tools and services
- Collaborate with development teams to integrate applications into the cloud environment
- Provide security recommendations on service design and application development
- Support custom security roles as needed to support our SSO environment via terraform
- Direct design sessions with Engineering teams, Data Scientists, Product Managers, Business, and IT stakeholders, that result in strategies for data processing, storage and delivery solutions that meet security and sustainable best practices.
- Ensure Cloud Trail is logging all appropriate resources and logs are protected, anomalous activities are detected, and ensuring alerts are appropriately configured and responded to
- Incident investigation via Detective and cloud trail, application, and network logs
- Maintain procedures for security incident investigations and response
- Strong ability to establish working relationships with Data Stewards and Owners and collaborate/influence governance activities and standards
- Ability to tackle unconstrained problems and work independently with little direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to handle ambiguous, and evolving requirements
- Provides various services including addressing service tickets, performance tuning, triaging and resolving application outages, and performs life cycle management for supported hosting environments and systems
- Provide guidance and mentorship to less experience team members
- Coordinate priorities with business stakeholders, other cloud support and IT resources to set milestones and drive to completion.
- Clearly communicate impactful upcoming changes, keeping technical leadership aware of current and future efforts and milestones
- Implementing security best practices incorporating least rights privileges and maintaining service control policies that support a sustainable environment.
- Support and drive disaster recovery processes, policy, and procedures for restoration
- Bachelor's degree or related field experience
- At least 5 years of experience in cloud architecture and AWS
- Strong knowledge of AWS services, including EC2, S3, RDS, and VPC
- Experience with automating deployment and scaling of cloud resources
- Experience with AWS Guard duty, Detective, Config, and Inspector
- Strong understanding of security and compliance in the cloud environment
- Experience with containerization technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with cloud cost optimization and cost management
- Strong leadership skills and ability to mentor junior team members
- Azure and DevOps experience is a plus
- AWS certifications, such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional, is a plus.
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….