Terms of Employment: Full Time
Overall Responsibility: Perform maintenance repairs and preventive maintenance tasks on facility structures and equipment.
Position Alternate Tasks:
- Must be able to fill in for production employees as necessary to maintain smooth operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Must adhere to company procedures and policies.
- Perform work orders and preventive maintenance tasks under the direction of plant management (or maintenance management) based upon prioritizing of emergency repairs and/ or maintenance tasks.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform preoperative / post maintenance inspections to ensure that equipment is intact and is free from build-up or other contaminants.
- Maintain sufficient documentation in support of the food safety and occupational safety program requirements and turn in completed documents to management for post maintenance verification / pre-operational line clearance.
- Sustain integrity and proper function of processing equipment and components. Verify that processing equipment is maintained according to manufacturer specifications or regulatory requirements.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on all processing equipment as necessary to maintain safe and legal products. Utilize the computerized preventive maintenance program system to manage scheduled tasks.
- Maintain water filters and air filters for processing equipment and utilities as necessary to uphold food safety.
- Verify the function of back flow prevention devices according to the preventive maintenance schedule.
- Ability to communicate with other coworkers and work as a team player